1. a freezer full of effin bananas because we have great intentions of eating fresh fruit.
2. a grocery bag of lemons from a friend and already made some fresh lemonade.
3. a hankering for something to go with my coffee in the morning.
Makes 2 Loaves:
4 medium bananas, extra ripe
1/2cup butter, melted
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar white
1/4 cup sugar brown
1 tablespoon lemon zest (grated lemon peel)
For Lemon Syrup
2/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp lemon zest (grated lemon peel)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Puree bananas in blender or food processor.
- 3 Combine with butter.
- 4 Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 5 In bowl, beat egg, sugar and lemon peel.
- 6 Beat in banana mixture.
- 7 Beat in flour mixture. NOTE: BATTER WILL BE STICKY
- 8 Turn batter into 2 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with vegetable spray.
- 8.A. Sprinkle top with brown sugar.
- 9 Bake in 350°F oven for 35 minutes.
- 10 Cool in pan.
- 11 Meanwhile, in small pan stir together lemon juice and sugar over medium heat until sugar melts. Let sit on stove on low and dump in remaining lemon peel, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 12 Poke holes in bread with skewer.
- 13 Pour syrup over top.
- 14 Let stand 10 minutes.
- 15 Remove from pan.
- 16 Slice when completely cooled.