Wednesday, June 9, 2010

French Roast - Trader Joe's

Okay, so, I have been drinking the Italian imported Espresso from Trader Joe's for the past few months. It is the best value for the pound. It is also the darkest ess I have had for a while.

But they were out of it today...and there, next to it was something new on the shelf...ground coffee in a bag. Got the French Roast cuz that is the heavy ess. The dark, the full...the bowel-moving French Roast.

I've had the French Roast from Trader Joes before...but this is a new product. A new roast with a new bag and it come pre-ground.

All in all, not bad. Obviously, I can't say it tasted as fresh as the prior French Roast I had...but it's about as fresh as any French whore you would find in a Tibetan Temple. And about as strong smelling too...

But then again, if you're more into the vanilla or hazelnutty ess...this will not be your cup of joe. I like how the body of this really opens up when you add a little cream to it. Very nice, deep robust flavor.

And this all from a simple drip machine that I really am glad I have again.

I broke the french press a little while back...now I owe my buddy a french press.

Thanks for the likes and shares. Please feel free to click on my effin ads here too...