Sunday, April 10, 2011

Conan O'Brien on Starbucks Coffee

“Starbucks says they are going to start putting religious quotes on cups. The very first one will say, 'Jesus! This cup is expensive!'”
-Conan

It's true...it is. And yes it is also over roasted on purpose. If it were free, I would still not drink it on a daily basis but it's not free -- and people do drink it every day...simply because they are addicted.  So effin what.  Everyone is addicted to something...I have friends in recovery who are addicted to not being addicted...yoga, meditation, meetings.

I've written about it in the past...the amazing company that Starbucks is...for all the trash it may create and the heat it gets just for bing a large corporation -- they seem to be a corporate giant with a conscience.  A well paid conscience at that.  I wonder how rich you have to be to have someone else do your presentation and cleanup for you...I guess that would be called a publicist and from what we've seen of Charlie Sheen lately, that job might be obsolete soon.

As usual, Conan's quote made me chuckle.  I don't have cable though...so I just watch the reruns online...yay for Team CoCo.  Boo for the wicked witch of the west.