Monday, April 11, 2011

George Carlin on Starbucks? No, Bill Maher....

When I first found the following quote, it was attributed to one of my all-time favorite philosophers, George Carlin.

Upon doing 30 seconds more research I discovered it was actually taken from Bill Maher's show along with other great bits from his genius mind and attributed to the late great Carlin in a mass-email which has been floating around the atmosphere of the internet for 5 years now...

Carlin, I'm sure Maher would agree, doesn't need any words placed in his mouth even posthumous.

Here is the quote:

The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the asshole. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge asshole.

Agreed.  And a tag on that would be, "If you feel you have to steal one man's thoughts and attribute them to another man, you may be an even bigger asshole."

I wish there was a way to kill the spam faster...but now these false emails have found permanent homes around the internet on static pages creating unnecessary ignorance and confusion.

On a related note, I recently discovered you can get Real Time with Bill Maher on iTunes for free as a podcast!  Kids, check it out...Bill Maher is perhaps the smartest man alive according to other men you may consider the smartest man alive, like Jon Stewart or Steven Colbert -- although, I'm not sure where Hawking weighs in on Maher...I'd have to ask him.  Anyway I don't listen for Maher, I listen for his incredible mix of guests that you would never imagine existing in the same room.

More coffee now...