Friday, April 15, 2011

George Clooney on Coffee...kinda.


George Clooney and John Malkovich star in this short ad for Nespresso. Nespresso is supposed to be perfect coffee conveniently made everytime.

You really can't argue with it too much...the idea isn't new. Automatic espresso machines have been around for more than a decade now, but this is for the home. All points of the coffee making process are under complete control, making it the same every time...assuming nothing goes wrong with the machine itself.

However, for $350 - $700, it's not exactly for everybody. And I would argue that it's really not for coffee lovers, just nespresso lovers...you can't just go and try some new beans you find down at the market.

Granted, if you're entertaining, it would be a very convenient way to make a delightful treat for your overly pretentious effin guests...but I would rather brew a big pot and let people help themselves I think...I know, it's not espresso. So yes, if you want to provide espresso easily without worrying about how much crema is on top or if it's the right color or thickness, this might be for you. I'm guessing Clooney himself only used his free machine a couple times before it got slid to the back of the kitchen counter next to the pasta maker and various ronco products.

This would be an instant regift if I ever received one. Am I too bitter to enjoy something new and innovative? I don't think so. I'm just American and don't appreciate the daily cup of espresso like a good Europeaner would. Like Clooney wants to be with his Italian homes and shoes and women and maybe men.

I'll admit though, he's on my list. You know what list I'm talking about...he's on my wife's list too.